Trayford et al. 2023 - RASTI - Inspecting spectra with sound
This contains the associated audio-visual files for: "Inspecting spectra with sound: proof-of-concept & extension to datacubes" by J. Trayford, C. Harrison, R.C. Hinz, M. Kavanagh Blatt, S. Dougherty and A. Girdhar, which will appear in the Royal Astronomical Society Techniques and Instruments.
The data release contains:
1. A README file containing more information
2. A transcript of the survey taken by the participants
3. A summary document of the galaxy spectra used for each test (including their ID numbers from the Sloan Digital Sky Survey).
4. The audio files used during the training of the participants. These are shared as three zip files, with one zip file for each test presented to the participants (A, B and C). Each zip file contains six .mp4 files (with blank visuals) and six .mp4 files (the audio with corresponding visualisation). The visuals were not shown to participants.
5. The audio files used during the testing of the participants. These are shared as three zip files, with one zip file for each test (A, B and C). Each zip file contains ten .wav files (audio file only) and ten .mp4 files (the audio with attached visualisation). The visuals were not shown to participants.
6. An animated (audio-visual) version of Figure 3 from the main publication. This is in an mp4 video format.
A description of the files, include the basic methodology is described in the attached REAME.txt file with this data release, but we refer to the primary publication for full details.
Resolving How Black Holes Influence Galaxy Evolution
UK Research and InnovationFind out more...