Expanded Interiors Re-Staged - School workshop feedback
The three school workshops took place in July 2021 at two primary schools in the North-East of England whose locations are in the vicinity of Hadrian’s Wall. The project ran one workshop with pupils in Years 3 and 4 (ages 7-9) and two workshops with pupils in Year 6 (ages 10 – 11). The aim of the workshops was to connect, within an educational context, the research from Expanded Interiors Re-Staged and Expanded Interiors (the previous project), with the local heritage of the North-East of England, while exploring the connections between Roman and contemporary visual culture. This happened through a presentation by the artist, and hands-on creative activities with the children.
Expanded Interiors Re-Staged - from Herculaneum and Pompeii to the North-East of England
Arts and Humanities Research CouncilFind out more...
- Art and Design
- Archaeology of Europe, the Mediterranean and the Levant
- Art history, theory and criticism not elsewhere classified
- Classical Greek and Roman history
- Creative arts, media and communication curriculum and pedagogy
- Curriculum and pedagogy not elsewhere classified
- Other education not elsewhere classified
- Heritage and cultural conservation