Data from: Fingering convection in the stably-stratified layer of planetary cores
Supporting data for the paper "Fingering convection in the stably-stratified layer of planetary cores" submitted to JGR: Planets.
The deposit includes the key post-processed data:
- input parameters and time-averaged output values;
- time series of the kinetic energy for the cases Ek=1e-5, Rac=2e7, Rat=-Rac/3 and Ek=1e-5, Rac=1.2e9, Rat=-Rac/3 (simulation with all non-linearities included and without the u grad u term);
- radial profiles of the zonal flow for Ek=1e-5, Rac=2e9 and Rat=-Rac/3;
- radial profiles of the transport fluxes for Ek=1e-5, Rat=-Rac/3, Rac=1.2e8 and Rac=2e9;
- kinetic energy spectra for the cases with Ek=1e-5 and Rat=-Rac/3 (radially averaged) and for Rac=8e8 at all radius.
A new model of the geodynamo: large-scale vortices in the Earth's core
Natural Environment Research CouncilFind out more...
Solar and Planetary Physics at Newcastle University
Science and Technology Facilities CouncilFind out more...